Saliva Drug Testing KitsWe offer high quality oral mouth swab drug tests at affordable prices. Saliva drug tests are less invasive and provide additional security since they are not able to be tampered with like urine drug screens. You will be able to attain results in only a matter of minutes. In the case that someone has a “shy bladder” a saliva screen is a great way to still be able to provide a test.
Why Customers Use Our Saliva Drug Tests?
Instant Results in 5-7 min
Easy To Use
Why Use a Saliva Drug Test?
Saliva drug tests are less invasive and provide additional security since they are not able to be tampered with like urine drug tests. You will be able to attain results in only a matter of minutes and are able to watch as the donor performs the drug test. In the case that someone has a “shy bladder” a saliva drug test is a great way to still be able to provide a test. Saliva drug test are also able to detect more recent usage activity than a urine test. In comparison a saliva drug test can detect if someone had used a drug typically within about 5-10 min but a urine test would not be able to detect the drug until after about 2-5 hrs.
For these above reasons oral fluid drug test are ideal for a broad range of testing situations including pre-employment, reasonable suspicion, rehabs, healthcare, universities, judicial system, prisons, and post-accident. If you still would like assistance in choosing the best test for your needs feel free to contact us.
Saliva Drug Test Benefits
- Accuracy – Our Saliva drug test perform at a 99% degree of accuracy. We never compromise on quality and assure our test are among the highest quality in the market
- Easy to use – Our saliva drug test is very simple to use and read the results
- Results in Minutes – Our saliva drug test will show results in only about 5-7 min
- Non Invasive - Saliva drug are much less invasive than a urine test and solve the problem of a “shy bladder”
- Test For Multiple Drugs – With our saliva drug test you are able to easily test up to 12 drugs at once
- Affordable – Our tests are among the highest quality saliva drug tests in the market while still being offered at a very affordable price
- Can’t be Faked – The saliva drug test administrator is able to watch the donor the whole time while performing the test so there is no way for them to circumvent the tests results
Saliva Drug Test Information
Saliva drug test are a quick and easy way to screen for up to 12 drugs of abuse. Many people choose to implement saliva drug testing into their drug testing program instead of urine based test due to the simplicity of the test and non-invasive method of gathering the specimen. Since the donor doesn’t have to go to the bathroom for a saliva drug test the test administrator can also watch the donor perform the test. This means the donor has no way to fool the test as they may try when performing a urine test. This make saliva drug test such a valuable tool if it is suspected that a donor is attempting to fake a drug test.
Saliva test work by measuring the parent compounds (psychoactive elements) of a drug found in a person’s saliva. The saliva will contain the parent drug compounds just as the blood does. The parent compound will appear in a person's saliva more quickly than the metabolite of the same drug will appear in a person’s urine. This makes a saliva drug test such a great tool for using in workplace drug testing for post-accident since it can detect the recent usage. Still as with any onsite drug test a saliva drug test is a qualitative test and it is always recommended to send any positives to a lab for confirmations. For more information on mouth swab drug testing in the workplace check out our blog on common questions from employees and employers on mouth swab drug testing.
How long does it take for results to show after you are tested with a saliva drug test?The amount of time needed for results to show up after a saliva or mouth swab drug test is performed depends on whether the samples are sent to a lab or tested on-site. Lab results usually take 24 hours. However, they may take longer if you live in a remote location. Home drug testing kits used by employers, at home or on-site testing devices, including those used for roadside tests, can yield results in just a few minutes.
If done properly, saliva drug screening can be very effective. For the most part, if a saliva drug test result is negative and indicates that no drugs were detected, that would be sufficient proof that the person has not used drugs and you do not need to do anything further. In the event you are not 100% about the accuracy and suspect an employee is using drugs, we recommend multiple tests during a short period of time (such as 1-2 weeks).
In the event you are performing saliva drug tests at your workplace to screen employees, you should then confirm all positive results using a certified laboratory which can corroborate your results
Should my business start adopting saliva drug testing to screen employees, and how should they go about it?
There are certain occasions and conditions in which you should consider starting a drug screening program. Some indications that your company needs to start testing include recurring accidents, suspicious behaviors, increased absenteeism, or found evidence. Industries with safety-related jobs, such as drivers, pilots and healthcare personnel, should also implement drug testing for the sake of public safety.
Saliva drug tests are easy to conduct by employers and have various applications. Ensuring your business is a drug-free workplace can easily be accomplished by establishing a process for drug testing employees. The easiest form of testing is via saliva drug tests or urine testing c ups. If you decide to implement drug testing in the workplace, make sure you implement a drug testing program that establishes when and how screenings will be done and a program that complies with all state and federal laws. For additional details about drug testing requirements and other useful information, we recommend visiting the FDA website.
How to Pass a Mouth Swab Drug TestCompanies that use saliva drugs tests have an advantage over those that use urine drug tests. It is all too easy to obtain someone else’s “clean” urine or purchase synthetic urine on the internet and get away with it because urine test administers are not in the room when the urine is produced. Whereas oral fluid drug tests are collected directly from the mouth by an administrator, so it is virtually impossible to cheat the test.
Still, there are those who think they can pass a mouth swab drug test by thoroughly cleaning their mouths, chewing gum, drinking an excessive amount of water, or using a product that claims to “purify” their saliva. While none of these methods will allow a person to cheat an oral fluid drug test, there are certain things a person can do to ensure they pass a mouth swab drug test.
The most obvious way to pass a mouth swab drug test is to not do drugs or drink alcohol. However, alcohol is not illegal, and marijuana is becoming legal for recreational use in many states throughout the country. So, those who are receiving a saliva drug test should take proper precautions to ensure they will pass their test and be able to move forward.
How Can I Pass a Mouth Swab Drug Test?
- Do not use alcohol-based mouthwash before taking an oral fluid drug test
- Do not use marijuana within 24-hours of a saliva drug test
- Do not use illicit drugs within 48-hours of a saliva drug test
- Inform the test administrator of medication that is prescribed and have proof of the prescription. Mouth swab drug tests detect amphetamines, barbiturates, benzodiazepines, opiates, and oxycodone
- Be careful with CBD usage as it can have the potential to have trace amounts of THC
It is not difficult to pass a mouth swab drug test if you take these precautions and understand that you will not be able to cheat the test. Saliva drug tests are administered by a professional and results from Halux testing kits are produced within a matter of minutes so there is no way for tampering to occur.
If you have any questions about Halux Diagnostic Saliva Drug Testing Kits, please get in touch today.
How Do Saliva Drug Tests Work?Saliva drug tests work by testing oral fluid for the presence of drugs. When drugs are used, they appear in the bloodstream and diffuse into the oral cavity, causing them to appear in oral fluid. Drugs may also appear in oral fluid instantly if an individual uses oral or intranasal administration or inhales a drug by smoking it. Drug metabolites, a drug by-product that is the result of the body metabolizing drugs, may also appear in oral fluid, which mouth swab drug tests can detect – unlike urine drug tests.
Although the terms “oral fluid” and “saliva” are often used interchangeably, there is a distinct difference between the two. Saliva is a substance that the body produces while oral fluid is a composite tissue that is made up of saliva, gingival crevicular fluid, buccal and mucosal transudates, cellular debris, bacteria, and ingested foods, beverages, and drugs.
Salivary glands have a high concentration of drug vessels, so drugs are able to transfer from the blood to salivary glands with ease, though some drugs may transfer more easily than others. The transfer of drugs and their metabolites from blood to saliva depends on the chemical properties of the drug, saliva acidity, concentration of un-ionized drug, drug–protein binding, and an individual’s membrane characteristics.
Mouth swab drug tests collect oral fluid and test for certain chemical, metabolic, kinetic and analytic parameters for each drug that they are searching for. Halux saliva drug test kits are designed to test for up to 12 drugs, including prescriptions drugs, illicit drugs, and alcohol and produce results within minutes.
Why is Observed Collection Important?
A major benefit of saliva drugs tests is the fact that the saliva sample is observed and collected by an administrator. This is important for many reasons:
- Saliva drug tests can be performed in almost any environment – Urine tests require proper facilities and privacy. Blood tests require sterile medical equipment and a medical professional. Mouth swab drug tests can be performed and read by the same person and there is no need for a private room, specialized training, or additional equipment. This makes saliva drug tests the most accessible option.
- The testing administrator can easily observe so no adulteration is possible – Urine tests can be forged with synthetic urine or “clean” urine that has been collected from another person. There is no way for an administer to tell if adulteration occurs behind a closed and locked bathroom door. Saliva collection doesn’t require any privacy, so the observer immediately removes any possibility of adulteration.
- Less invasive and intrusive to the applicant – If an applicant has difficulties using public facilities or a fear of needles, they will likely have a hard time with urine or blood drug tests. Oral fluid mouth tests simply require a quick swab of the mouth.
- It eliminates the need for same sex observation – There are certain circumstances where urine collection will be observed to prevent adulteration. In order to protect the applicant’s safety, an observer who is the same sex as the applicant is required to be present. This may require extra staffing or delay the testing process if a same sex observer is unavailable. An applicant does not need privacy to provide a sample for a mouth swab drug test, so it can be observed by anyone who is qualified.