Drug Test KitsWe offer a wide variety of drug test kits including saliva based drug tests and urine based drug tests. Both types of tests have their benefits and the one that is best for you will depend onn why you are perfroming drug testing. Both types of test are easy to use and provide quick easy to ready results you can count on!
What are Rapid On-Site Drug Screening Kits?
Rapid on-site drug screening kits are medical devices that test bodily fluids for certain substances. These drug test kits are often used by pain management clinics, correctional facilities, urgent care, rehabilitation centers, staffing companies, at home, in the workplace, and the educational system.
A rapid drug screening test provides highly accurate test results in minutes. Laboratories, on the other hand, require 24-48 hours to test a sample and send the results. Laboratory drug testing is also a very expensive process and required individuals to take time out of their day to drive to a testing facility, wait their turn, drive home, and then wait for the results.
With rapid on-site test kits, sample donors and test administrators can have the answers they need in a matter of minutes. Most onsite and home drug tests will show accurate results in under 10 minutes.
Onsite drug screening tests test for some of the most commonly abused substances, such as cocaine, marijuana, opiates 300ng, amphetamines, methamphetamine, ecstasy (MDMA), oxycodone, benzodiazepines, barbiturates, methadone, phencyclidine, and buprenorphine, and alcohol.
Rapid drug testing is a great way to keep your workplace safe – especially if employees handle heavy machinery, toxic chemicals, or high-value items. Halux Diagnostic on-site drug screening kits can test either saliva or urine with up to 99% accuracy. Shop now!
Comparing Different Types off Onsite Drug Testing Kits
It’s important to understand the differences between urine, saliva, hair, and blood drug tests. Although these tests are equally accurate, they each have strengths and weaknesses in certain situations. The best test kit to use will depend on your goals.
For example, saliva drug screening kits are excellent for detecting very recent drug use. These tests have a detection window that closes after about 48 hours. This means that test administrators can discover if an individual used drugs or alcohol within the last 2-days. However, saliva drug tests might not be appropriate for determining long-term drug use. If an individual knows they have to pass a saliva drug test, they might abstain from drug use for 48 hours to give a “clean” sample. Here is a breakdown of the different types of drug testing kits. The below comparisons should help you determine which test will best suit your needs.
Urine Drug Test Kits: Quick, easy, and painless. Requires a private bathroom. There is a risk of adulteration when the sample donor is alone behind a locked door.
Saliva Drug Test Kits: Quick, easy, and painless. Does not require privacy – can be administered anytime, anywhere. There is a low risk of adulteration because every sample collection is monitored by an administrator.
Hair Drug Test Kits: Quick, easy, and mostly painless, unless someone has a very sensitive scalp. Does not require privacy. Individuals who are bald or have closely shaved heads may not be able to provide an adequate hair sample.
Blood Drug Test: Most invasive drug test. May be uncomfortable or painful for the donor. Blood tests require a medical professional and laboratory testing - cannot be tested on-site.
Detection WindowUrine Drug Test Kits: Detection windows vary by substance. Certain drugs can linger in urine for up to 2 weeks. Best for determining historic drug use.
Saliva Drug Test Kits: Up to 48 hours. Best for determining recent drug use, but not good for determining long-term drug use.
Hair Drug Test Kits: Longest detection window. Best for determining historic drug use. Not good for determining recent or occasional drug use.
Blood Drug Test: Very short detection window. Blood drug tests are best for detecting current or very recent drug use.
What is the Best Drug Test Kit?
The best drug test kit for your organization will depend on your objectives. If you want to test for drug use in the last 48 hours, a saliva drug test would be the best option. However, if you want to detect drug use within the last week or two, a urine test would be more appropriate. Using a combination of urine and saliva drug testing would be the most ideal route for many organizations. An initial urine test can detect new hires who have used drugs in the last couple of weeks, while a saliva test can determine if an employee was under the influence of drugs or alcohol when an accident happens.
It will also depend on how many drugs you want to test for. Halux Diagnostic offers alcohol tests, 5-14 panel urine tests, and 5-12 panel saliva tests. 14 or 12-panel tests offer the most comprehensive testing, while 5-panel tests detect only the most abused drugs, including marijuana, opiates, cocaine, amphetamine, and methamphetamine.
You should also consider your budget when choosing an onsite drug screen. Generally, urine and saliva drug testing kits are the cheapest options. These drug screening tests are even more affordable when you purchase from a wholesale website. Halux Diagnostic is proud to offer competitive wholesale prices on every bulk order. Finally, you should consider how the drug screening kits were made, whether they are FDA-approved, and whether they are CLIA-waived. Drug testing kits that are made by FDA-approved manufacturers and CLIA-waived are guaranteed to be the best quality on the market, easy to use, and highly accurate. Here at Halux Diagnostic, we only provide top-quality, FDA-approved, and CLIA-waived urine and saliva drug test kits.
Benefits of Onsite Drug Screening Tests
There are many benefits of using onsite drug screening Tests. First, onsite drug screening provides results in minutes, while it can take days to receive results from an off-site laboratory. This allows test administrators to quickly determine whether an individual passes or not, so they can take the appropriate action.
In addition, on-site drug screening kits allow employers to test employees on the spot when there is an accident. Employers don’t have to halt operations to ask everyone to drive to a testing facility and wait for their results when onsite test kits are always on hand.
Finally, on-site drug screening kits are more cost-effective than laboratory drug tests. Halux Diagnostic is proud to offer competitive wholesale prices on every bulk order.
Are Onsite Drug Testing Kits Easy to Use?
Onsite drug testing kits are incredibly easy to use. In fact, the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) require that waived urine tests like ours are simple enough to be used by any test administrator or third-party – no special training required.
Here are the simple steps for collecting a urine sample and reading the results:
1. Sample donor removes the lid and urinates into the cup. The urine level should be in between the minimum and maximum fill lines.
2. Test administrator checks the temperature scale to verify the urine is between 90-100 degrees F
3. After 5-10 minutes, the test administrator can peel back the label to read the test results.
4. Two lines on a test strip indicate a negative result. One line on a strip indicates a positive result. No present lines indicate an invalid sample.
Here are the simple steps for collecting a saliva sample and reading the results:
- Remove the collection swab from the plastic packaging.
- Insert the swab end into the mouth, along the cheeks, and underneath the tongue. Hold the swab in the mouth for 3 minutes or until the saturation indicator turns pink. The swab must be completely saturated to get an accurate test reading.
- Open the testing chamber and insert the swab. Press down firmly until it locks in place.
- Wait 3-10 minutes before peeling off the label to reveal the test results.
- Two lines on a test strip indicate a negative result. One line on a strip indicates a positive result. No present lines indicate an invalid sample.
Onsite drug testing kits do not require any special equipment, training, or the presence of a professional. Halux Diagnostic drug testing kits are guaranteed to be easy to use and highly accurate. Shop today!
Are At Home Drug Test Kits Accurate?When used properly, at home drug test kits are incredibly accurate. It’s important to understand that urine and saliva tests both have different detection windows. Therefore, you should choose the one that best suits your needs.
A saliva home drug test would likely be best if you want to determine current or very recent drug use. These tests are great for detecting drug use within the last 48 hours. A urine home drug test would likely be best if you want to determine drug use within the last 1-2 weeks. Drugs have to metabolize through the body before they are present in urine. Therefore, it takes longer for the drug metabolites to appear.
At home drug test kits are up to 99% accurate when used according to directions and with the right intentions.
Starting a Workplace Drug Testing ProgramResearch shows that over 75% of workers in the United States admit that they use drugs and alcohol. This puts workplaces and other employees all over the country at risk. Employees who use drugs are more likely to call out of work, be involved in accidents, file more health insurance and workman’s compensation claims, and put their employer in legal trouble.
Starting a workplace drug testing program can help prevent drug-using employees from getting hired and deter current employees from using drugs.
There are two options for workplace drug testing programs: on-site drug testing and off-site testing. Let’s examine the pros and cons of each, so you can make the best decision for your organization.
Off-Site Drug Testing
- Provides everything you need to begin a workplace drug testing program, including the laboratory, equipment, and professionals.
- Familiar with local and state regulations.
- Offers privacy for employees.
- Results are considered more defensible when legal issues arise
- Results take 24-48 hours.
- More opportunities for employees to adulterate tests.
- Difficult to conduct random drug tests.
- Requires employees to travel on personal time or employers must consider the time spent as working hours.
On-Site Drug Testing
- More affordable per test.
- Easy to use and read results.
- Provides results within minutes
- Multiple tests can be given in a day if someone provides an insufficient sample.
- Easy to conduct random drug testing.
- Administrators can supervise saliva sample collection.
- Results are just as defensible as long as a confirmation test is done on positive results
- Requires purchasing a large bulk order upfront, which can be costly.
- Difficult to ensure employee privacy.
What is the Best at Home Drug Test?The best at home drug test kit will depend on your goals. If you want to test for drug use in the last 48 hours, a saliva drug test would be the best option. However, if you want to detect drug use within the last week or two, a urine test would be more appropriate.
The best at home drug test kit will also depend on how many drugs you want to test for. Halux Diagnostic offers alcohol tests, 5-14 panel urine tests, and 5-12 panel saliva tests. 14 or 12-panel tests offer the most comprehensive testing, while 5-panel tests detect only the most abused drugs, including marijuana, opiates, cocaine, amphetamine, and methamphetamine.
Finally, you should consider how the drug screening kits were made, whether they are FDA-approved, and whether they are CLIA-waived. Drug testing kits that are made by FDA-approved manufacturers and CLIA-waived are guaranteed to be the best quality on the market, easy to use, and highly accurate. Here at Halux Diagnostic, we only provide top-quality, FDA-approved, and CLIA-waived at home drug tests.
Where to Buy at Home Drug Tests
There are a few options when it comes to buying at home drug tests.
- Pharmacies (CVS, Walgreens, etc.) – CVS home drug test and walgreens home drug test kits are usually good quality, but they come at a steep price. This is a very convenient option that works if you need an at home drug test immediately.
- Amazon – Amazon at home drug tests vary in quality and price. Amazon sells home drug test kits from many different retailers, some of which are not reputable. If buying on Amazon, it’s important to research the manufacturer and read the reviews. Amazon has very fast shipping, which makes this another convenient option.
- Walmart – Walmart at home drug tests also vary in price and quality. These tests are convenient and can be an affordable option. Remember to research the manufacturer before you use an at home test kit from Walmart.
- Online Retailers – Buying an at home drug test online can be risky if you don’t have the manufacturer's information. A website probably doesn’t offer a quality product if they don’t provide details about where and how their at home drug tests are made.
- Halux Diagnostic – Halux Diagnostic at home drug tests are very high quality and affordable. We guarantee our drug test kits were manufactured in FDA-approved facilities and CLIA-waived for at home use. Typically, we ship orders the day they are placed. We can provide expedited 1-2 day shipping if needed.