URINE SPECIMEN COLLECTION CUPS- NO LIDApril 25, 2019
POWDER FREE – VINYL EXAM GLOVESApril 25, 2019
Rapid Strep Test Kits
- Strep A Test Results in minutes: Allows for POC rapid treatment to reduce the risks related to over treatment and to provide better patient care.
- 96% Accuracy: Reliable result that you can trust.
- Two color results: Easy to read results eliminate mistakes in interpretation.
- Excellent format for Point of Care Testing
- Reduces the number of “unnecessary” prescribed antibiotics for strep throat.
- CLIA Waived Rapid Strep Test
What are Rapid Strep Test Kits
Rapid Strep Test is used in point of care testing to qualitatively detect Strep A antigen from throat swab specimens to aid in the diagnosis of Group A Streptococcal infection. Strep A infections are origin from group A streptococcal bacterium that could initiate a variety of health problems. Nearly everyone is familiar with strep throat, which is the most common form of the disease in many homes. Health experts estimate that more than 10 million mild infections (throat and skin) like these occur every year.
Benefits of a Rapid Strep Test
When a Rapid strep throat test is performed it will determine whether a patient’s sore throat is viral or bacterial. Every year 15 million Americans see the doctor for sore throat and 70 percent of them get antibiotics to treat it, according to the Infectious Diseases Society of America. When a Rapid Strep A Test shows a negative result for bacterial infection, it reduces “unnecessary” antibiotics prescriptions written by physicians. The infection may be caused by a viral infection and viruses do not respond to antibiotics. Researchers analyzed over 70,000 results from patients under 15 years old with sore throat that where performed rapid strep test and only 24% where positive for group A streptococcus pharyngitis. When a at home strep test is performed can potentially eliminate the need for doctor’s visits.
Difference Between a Sore Throat and Strep Throat
Sore throat may be caused by a viral illness, which is important to distinguish so doctors do not use antibiotics to treat them. There are several different viruses that can lead to the common cold and possibly upper respiratory infection. A sore throat caused by a virus resolves on its own with at-home care. Different from a viral sore throat is a streptococcal infection (strep throat), a less common type of sore throat caused by bacteria. It requires additional treatment with antibiotic drugs to prevent complications. It is important to use a rapid strep test to identify strep throat for a number of reasons. If untreated, strep throat can sometimes cause complications such as kidney inflammation and rheumatic fever. Rheumatic fever can lead to painful and inflamed joints, a rash and even damage to heart valves.
CLIAWiaved Rapid Strep Test Kits Information
Rapid Strep Test Kits are a reliable and accurate way to test for strep throat. These kits can be used in both professional settings, such as doctor’s offices or clinics, and at home by individuals. The accuracy of these tests is quite high when compared to traditional methods of testing for strep throat. Clinically speaking, rapid strep test kits are CLIA-waived, meaning they have been approved by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) as being safe and effective enough to use without physician oversight. This makes them an ideal choice for busy medical practices that need quick results with minimal effort. Additionally, many doctors prefer using rapid strep test kits because they provide results quickly – usually within 15 minutes – allowing patients to receive their diagnosis faster than ever before.
When it comes to using a rapid strep test kit at home, there are some important things you should keep in mind:
- make sure you read all instructions carefully before beginning the testing process; incorrect usage could lead to inaccurate results or even injury!
2. if your result is positive then it’s best practice to seek medical attention right away so that treatment can begin immediately if necessary.
3. while these tests are very accurate they may not always detect every case of streptococcal infection; therefore it’s important that you contact your doctor If symptoms persist after completing the test just in case further testing needs done down the line.
Overall rapid strep test kits offer an easy-to-use solution for those looking for fast and reliable diagnosis of this common illness without having to wait days or weeks on end like traditional methods require. With proper usage and care these tests can help bring peace of mind back into your life sooner rather than later!
There are no reviews yet.